3/26/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary:  Another long, long day here in South Korea at the nuclear security  conference.  State had set up a  meeting with Dimi Medvedev on the sidelines. A few minutes earlier  I had been patched through to Malia in Mexico where she is on spring break. Her teenage slang is like totally  infectious. As Dimi and I sat down  in the meeting room,  I was like, " On the question of our missile shield in Eastern Europe, Vladimir  totally  needs to give me space.  Dimi nodded and went: "You need more space?  I understand and  I'll  pass this information to  Vladimir."  I was like: "After  the next election I'll have more flexibility."  As luck would have it,  the microphones in meeting room were switched on and picked up some of our words.  Aawkwaaard. Carney will have tough time spinning that. He'll just have to be like: "There's a lot of rhetoric surrounding this issue." 
That's a totally awesome  sound-bite, though I say so myself... and I do. I'll suggest it to  Jarrett and Carney when I speak with them in the morning. Marvin my body man has laid out my jammies next to Boo-boo, my blankie.   A quick prayer of gratitude  to myself for being so  like totally brilliant. Barry cuddle Barry's blankie Boo-boo. And so to bed.