4/5/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Barry loves Blankey
Dear Diary: Things are getting  heated around here. Eric Holder is running around  like a  headless turkey  trying to comply with a  Court of Appeals demand that we clarify our position on the court system's right to strike down legislation. Dude's got to do it in three single-spaced pages by Thursday. Even my marvelous scholarly brain would struggle with that. Meantime Carney has been taking heat, too, assuring assembled  hacks that I do think  Supreme Court has the right to strike down legislation  as unconstitutional.
 On top of that, with Michelle back home, I was served a massive portion of  her last summer's frozen peas at dinner. When I did not show  transcendent enthusiasm for them, she withdrew into an ominous silence  from which she did  not emerge for the rest of the evening. Nobody knows the troubles I've seen. Time for a fervent prayer to myself. And so to bed, and the unconditional love of my blankey, Boo-boo. Umm-um-um-ummm...