5/24/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary:  It's midnight and we've we  just  returned home from California. During a fundraiser at a theater in Redwood, while the audience was being warmed up with a stirring  Obamarama movie, I seized the moment to go out back and smoke a cigarette with one of my Secret Service detail. I was  just enjoying the nicotine rush  when a staffer ran up yelling: "Mr. President  you've missed your cue... you're needed right now on stage." Yikes!  I hurried inside, smooshing out the  cigarette and exhaling smoke on the way. When I did my usual energetic,  youthful, light-footed bounce on stage, the audience was unaware of the backstage drama.  My staff kept the MSM at  bay by explaining my slow response  as simple fatigue.  Awkwaard! So far, that seems to have kept the hacks off the scent of tobacco. Bloggers won't be so easy to fool, but it will be old news by morning when I can rely on the lapdogs on Today to bury it. Talking of lapdogs,  it was good to be among be  among Californians. Governor Jerry Brown is almost as good at deficit spending as I am. It's late and  Michelle is calling  out to me, so it's time for my usual  quick prayer of thanks to myself and so to bed and the gentle touch of my blankey, Boo-boo. Barry luv Boo-boo um-num-num-um...zzzzz