6/5/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary: I sent  Queen Elizabeth a congratulatory jubilee message today, although I would rather have rolled Churchill's bust down the South Lawn  like a bowling ball. Fortunately, I  had  the bust removed from  in the Oval Office, when I first moved in.   I must admit to feeling a twinge of envy at  the Queen being held in such apparent  respect and affection. I, on the other hand, only have to take one  day's rest as I did today, to attract the ire of  the usual suspects  and chants of "git a job" from sightseers around the White House. The ordinary masses  in this country  who arrogantly refer to themselves as "We the People" --  as though they own the place-- cannot  understand that great intellects like  mine  need adequate  space  and time to regenerate, both of which I  found today in abundance on the golf course, with Joe Biden and Marv, my trip director and factotum ("general servant" to those of you not fortunate enough to have learned Latin.) I am resuming my fundraising travels tomorrow, so I'm having  an early night. After tucking in M., saying my usual bedtime prayer to myself, I will pull Boo-boo my blankey from under my pillow and caress my face with his satin edging.  Barry luv Boo-boo um-num-um...zzzz