6/7/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary: Difficult day. Everyone asking whether I had made a vulgar joke to a gay audience at the Beverly Wilshire  about Michelle  "going all the way down" when she does push-ups. The  audience laughed  knowingly at the double entendre  [that's French for 'double meaning' for those not super-intelligent enough to  have acquired  some French, as I have]. I couldn't disavow the remark,  as it made me seem so cool with the  Hollywood in-crowd... but I couldn't suggest  that  it was deliberate either, lest it upset the bitter gun clingers in fly-over country. Awkwaard. Today began with a short flight to Vegas to address students at the University of Las Vegas about student loans. Then back on board Air Force One for the flight to DC and a helicopter ride home. Michelle has been giving me the cold shoulder since I arrived and didn't  want me to tuck her up as I normally do. Something to do with the Beverly Wilshire speech perhaps? Maybe she'll feel better in the morning. It's been a long day, time to slide into the Presidential Tempur-pedic,  ignore M's angrily-turned back and say a bedtime prayer to myself, and fall asleep clutching  Boo-boo, my blankey. Barry luv Boo-boo, Boo-boo make it all better... um-num-num-um..zzzzz.