6/23/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear  Diary: Team Obama are on top of their game. First of all  -- in case the House doesn't buy the Executive Privilege maneuver ---  Holder had the brilliant idea of telling Congress that Bo ate the critical  Fast and Furious papers. Then -- not to be outdone in the Brilliance Stakes --  my campaign staff produced the idea of an Obama Gift Registry where, instead of giving  someone a gift, people send  a card saying the gift money has gone to my campaign. Imagine how grateful the recipients will be to  play a part in the historic re-election of The Most Innovative President of Our Time.  Imagine being unwell and receiving a card saying:  " I hope you get well soon-- instead of  buying flowers I sent the money to the Obama campaign." Democrats will  instantly feel much better. Republicans not so much.
 Today, being Saturday, was Golf With Biden Day and the weather was perfect: sunny and cooler.  Between holes I approved some Waziristan drone strikes via my encrypted cellphone. As I have said before, I love to multi task. I'm going to watch Storage Wars on the DVR now  [ I'm like Dave Hester, the smartest guy among the storage lockers.  Biden is like Barry Weiss, affable, but accident prone.] Then I plan  go  to bed early, ready for a quiet day tomorrow before a demanding week with the Supreme Court  health care  ruling expected, among other awkward events.  Meantime, buenos nachosamigos. Yum. Nice cheese.