7/5/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary: A day spent in flyover country on a whistle-stop tour in my impressive bus. It is not the gilded  horse-drawn carriage that would more properly fit my exalted position, but there you go. It is important for my political optics that I be seen with  crowds of enraptured  ordinary folk. To this end, we made a stop at the Kosy Corners Family Restaurant in Oak Harbor, Ohio, where the team ordered burgers and  I  magnanimously interacted with some gray-haired ladies while  a photographer  appeared  as if from nowhere [in fact,  from my bus] to record  the  momentous event. Noblesse oblige I always say [for you plebians who lack my remarkable  grasp of languages, that's French  for being polite to your inferiors.] Then we journeyed onward with anonymous places flashing past the dark-tinted bus windows.  Eventually we came to Akron, which I am honoring  with my presence overnight. My trip director Marv Nicholson has brought my back-up blankey, Boo-boo-Two, so I can soothe myself to sleep.  Barry love Boo-boo-Two...um-num-num-um...zzzzzz...