7/7/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary: My giant intellect has been churning ceaselessly here at Camp David and I am ever more convinced that, in the light of  the potential peril to my presidency in November, I must consolidate my extraordinary achievements into a lasting extra-constitutional role -- a kind of quasi-monarchy, if you will. I previously had the  brilliant idea of  annexing July 4 as my official birthday. Today, I had another breathtaking  inspiration: insofar as there has recently been some argument about the suitability of the National Anthem, I propose that I  should have an anthem of my own for my enthralled subjects to sing.  How about [in my  best Al Green voice]:
" Hark! Obama's Angels Sing, 
   Glory to America's king." 
Not bad, if I can say so myself,  and I can. Another day of rest tomorrow.  I am ready for bed now, M. is tucked up and I have my blankey Boo-boo to lull me to sleep. Barry luv Boo-boo, um-num-um...zzzzz