7/6/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Another day of  busing through the boonies. I had four tire workers for breakfast. No, I don't mean fried, I mean I had them join me  for a  photo-op with them in Akron, as I ate my  usual two eggs over medium, and wheat toast. Never let a meal go to waste. Later, in Beaver, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh, I put that advice into action again and  we stopped for a photo-op and  I loudly ordered  apple pie [to show how profoundly  American I am] at Kretchmar's Bakery. After that  came  a campaign speech at Carnegie Mellon University with an adoring audience of  liberal students, then home  to  the White House for a Bill-signing  and finally [phew!] M. and  I fled to  the  cool hills of Maryland  and Camp David for the weekend, where I have no doubt M. will put me on a diet of  lean meat and Baraccoli to make up fo my culinary excesses on the road. Talking of M., I have tucked her up as is my habit, and after a brief prayer to myself,  I will slide into bed in the Presidential cabin and, with Boo-boo my blankey in hand, I will sleep the sleep of the well-fed and omnipotent.  Aauugh! As I was drifting off to sleep I had a horrible thought:  After I am  re-elected in a landslide by my adoring subjects, who can I blame for the desolation  I will inherit?  Tonight Boo-boo shall comfort me: Barry luv Boo-boo-um-num-num-um... zzzzz...