10/6/12

Barack Obama's Diary: Cover story

Dictated aboard Air Force One en route to Los Angeles: 
Dear Diary: I don't understand the New Yorker's latest cover featurin' the...errr... debate.  Mitt Romney is there but, where I stood, there is only a chair. I guess it symbolizes my commandin' presence as the natural ...errr...chairman  of the event, combined with the relaxed nonchalance of my clever, laid-back delivery. When I went backstage afterwards, Axelrod, Plouffe and the others were unusually quiet-- obviously awed by my dazzlin' performance, as they should have been. Next mornin', being a better strategist than my strategists, I called them all together and told them that in the wake of my stunnin' success in the  ...errr...debate, we will now build on my momentum by ratchetin' up personal attacks on Mittman, accusin' him of outright lies and ...errr...deceit. A brilliant plan, though I say so myself, and I do.
Anyhow, I've got a great day today,  campaignin' among  the... errr...Hollywood  sycophants glitterati who can be guaranteed to pay me the respect -- and donations --that are my  due.