12/13/12

Barack Obama's Diary: Going local

Dear Diary: I had no public events scheduled today so I  could talk with Boehner --if he has a new proposal to avoid the the fiscal cliff. He hadn't called by this morning, so I resorted to a proven technique to put pressure on him:  invitin'  local TV stations from around the country to interview me. These reporters, who usually don't interview anyone more imposin' than a dogcatcher, are too overwhelmed to ask awkward questions and their stations are so excited to carry an "exclusive" interview with My Magnificent Self that I am guaranteed generous and favorable coverage. This enables me to continue to make the GOP look bad by implying that they are blocking progress solely to protect the rich from paying their fair share. Cunning stuff, dudes. Remember, I learned politics in Chicago.