2/12/13

Dem pleads: 'Don't confuse me with facts'

As part of a discussion with voters about Obamacare funding, Rep. Corrine Brown (D-Fla.) told one man, “Don’t confuse me with any facts.”
“This is part of the problem,” Brown told an audience member who had asked about the billions of dollars cut from Medicare under the Affordable Health Care Act.
“In this time period it’s just like -- don’t confuse me with any facts. I was at a town hall meeting with AARP, and they talked about the pros and cons and explained everything. So I would suggest that you go and read what they have to say about it, because what you’re saying is not true.”
“What do you mean it’s not true?” asked the audience member at the event at Jacksonville University
“Let me finish explaining,” Brown continued, “Okay, look what you’re talking about, we didn’t take money from Medicaid to put…”
“Medicare,” the audience member interrupts.
“Medicare or Medicaid to put into the Affordable Health Care, that’s the first thing,” Brown said. Read it all. It gets better.
[Thanks: ECS]