3/28/13

Barack Obama's Diary: Common-sense

Dear Diary: I am a great supporter of common-sense. Happily, common-sense always seems to agree with me. Late this morning, I spoke at a White House event cunningly titled:  "Mothers who are urging Congress to take action on common-sense measures to protect children from gun violence." Disagreeing with that is tantamount to declaring you have no common-sense yourself.
After that I met the leaders of four African nations: Sierra Leone, Senegal, Malawi and Cape Verde. I always feel rather uncomfortable among African Africans in Africa, which means being part of the majority rather than a minority. I asked the President of Cape Verde about Nelson Mandela's health. Awkwaard. It turns out that Cape Verde is not the  Cape at the southern tip of South Africa, but a group of islands in the Atlantic about 500 miles off the west African coast [in other words, dudes, the middle of nowhere where nobody with common-sense would live, so I didn't linger with him.] But enough about me.