3/20/13

Barack Obama's Diary: A puzzling day

Dear Diary:  I am retiring to bed after a busy, but puzzling day in Israel. Possibly I am being paranoid but, in the immortal words of Joe Biden there's no such thing as a coincidence.  First someone fuels The Beast with diesel instead of gasoline. Then a magnolia tree I brought with me for a ceremonial planting with President Perez was untimely ripped from the ground as soon as we had left the scene, because Israeli agricultural officials insisted on inspecting it for signs of disease. In truth, I almost admire their bureaucratic zeal, almost on a par with our FDA. Then Bibi Netanyahu had me to dinner and addressed the press afterwards saying that it was a pleasure to welcome me after having enjoyed my hospitality many times in Washington. I can never tell with Bibi  if he is being sarcastic. But enough about me.