9/1/13

Barack Obama's Diary: Shamed

Dear Diary: Vlad Pootin is driving me crazy. My  specially-engraved iPresidentophone rang this morning. If it had been Pootin's usual number my phone would have played  the Moscow Comrades' Choir in a rousing rendition of Keep the Red Flag Flying.  But, unknown to me, Vlad Pootin  was visiting his eastern realm and the Pacific port of Vladivostok and using a different number. So when my phone played  the Looney Tunes  theme,  I answered it, thinking it was Joe Biden.
It wasn't:  "Bwaah-ha-ha!"  said Putin, for it was he.  "Obamavitch, in Syria  you are-- as the Australians say--  up shit-creek  in a barbed-wire canoe."
"Piss off Pootin,"  I snapped back in one of my world-famous  witty ripostes.
"Don't say I didn't warn you about Syria," said Pootin,  "I even tried to help you with a copy of Diplomacy for Dummies, by the renowned diplomat Leonid Brezhnev.  But nooooo, Obamavitch always knows best." That  dreaded name set my heart pounding  crazily in my chest. I immediately disconnected, then  grabbed a joint and a bag of Doritos from the secret compartment in the Resolute Desk and headed out to the South lawn for some soothing Maui Wowie while  I pretended to walk the dogs and gradually calmed down. But enough about me.