11/6/14

Progress Notes for Patient No. 54046, Obama, Barack, H.

11/6/14 The inevitable call came late on election night from Valerie Jarrett: Patient was showing the worst characteristics of  someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder who has been rejected by those from whom he  most yearns to have admiration.   I entered the private apartment with Ms Jarrett to find patient curled up in a fetal position on the hideous brown sofa,  thumb in his mouth, whimpering.  Ms.Jarrett caught my eye and shrugged. I asked some standard questions to assess his mental state. Not good. "I am going to give you a mild dose of something to help you relax," I told him and injected one of his stringy  buttocks with a shot of Ativan, a mild sedative.  Ms Jarrett asked me to remain overnight so I would be available when patient addressed the media next morning. Dictated by S.H. Rink, MD.