3/3/12

Barack Obama's Diary: Saturday's entry

Dear Diary: I usually let one entry suffice for Saturday and Sunday, because it's  nomally quiet. But this weekend is a busy one at 1600. We've got Benjamin  NetanYahoo coming on Monday. The guy is a human wrecking-ball. I've tried  my whole playbook on him: walking out in a snit and then  letting him stew. Jumping him with surprise demands like reverting to 1960s borders. Nothing intimidates him. Jay Carney has  already run the gamut of  diplomatic  euphemisms to  obscure the fact that NetanYahoo and I loathe each other. "Productive, candid and functional relationship" was  one creative  solution."Full relationship" was another [ I know conservative smart-asses  like  Limbo will say" Yeah? Full of what?"] 
 Meanwhile NetanYahoo will doubtless  be red with fury  with me in the Blue Room. Dude has a  very short fuse.  I remarked pleasantly during   the last time we met, that Jewish people are very resilient, they had recovered from the Holocaust and they could do it again if they were nuked.  I thought I was being complimentary. For some reason, Benny went ballistic. Scary person.
Which reminds me, I'm arranging  to have Michelle outside  the Blue Room on Monday, ready to intervene if NetanYahoo starts throwing vases  at me again. It promises to be a shattering event. [Shattering...Geddit? That's truly witty, even if I say so myself, and I do.] 
Michelle's calling.Time  to close my laptop and say my usual bedtime prayer to myself. And so to bed.