3/24/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary: Here I am on AF1 winging my way to South Korea for nuclear talks.   Axelrod  likes the "international statesman" optics. What scares me is what the Koreans will be feeding us. There is the dreaded Kimchi [which Marv my body man who knows everything, says is a highly-spiced fermented cabbage and is served at all meals.] Woe is me...from Guinness, to fiery fermented cabbage all in the space of a week. The things I do for my country. 
Marvin  says it's time for bed, and he's laid out my jammies  on the bed along with my faithful little satin-edged blankie.  Time for a prayer to myself, and so to bed, blankie pressed to my cheek, sucking a thumb to the lullaby of  fanjets and taking  an occasional glance  out the window at the   reassuring fighters  that  fly with us in relays to keep bad guys away.