6/29/12

Barack Obama's Diary: A Taxing Day

Dear Diary: My glorious presidency marches on. There have been some cries of pain from the usual suspects about the Supremes declaring that the Health Care penalty is a tax and therefore constitutional, whereas I had originally claimed that it was a  penalty, not a tax. 
"Knock, knock. 
"Who's there?
"Raise." 
"Raise who?"
"Raise everybody's taxes in the whole damned country." 
Now, that's funny, though I say so myself, and I do.
 My Chicago days sure came in handy with the Supremes. Nice court you've got there, Roberts. Wouldn't want anything to happen to it would we? Amazing what a drone visible in the sky can do.
I magnanimously bestowed two hours this afternoon upon the peons of fire-ravaged Colorado Springs and stopped for some photo ops with ash-streaked fire fighters and grateful evacuated residents. Then I reboarded Air Force One, carefully washed the grime off my hands and relaxed all the way back to back to D.C. Marv my trip director thoughtfully brought Boo-boo-two my emergency blankey and I clutched him [the blanket, I mean] and napped all the way back to D.C.  Barry, luv Boo-boo-two, um-num-num-um...zzzzz.... are we there yet?