9/1/12

Barack Obama's Diary: My shining hours

Dear Diary: A pox upon mine enemies. SuperMitt, having beaten me to the cameras in Louisibana, has now pulled ahead of me in two polls, leaving my majestic self looking flat-footed. But, never fear, my loyal subjects, my  shining hours are coming as the masses gather in Charlotte next week to pay homage to my majestic presidency. No empty chair representing me this time, but a massive sand sculpture fit for a king. And now more good news has arrived:  the Occupy movement, those exemplary young people, politically insightful, considerate, tidy and quiet, will be camping in a city square singing my praises.
Meantime, I am thinking up some memorable slogans for the convention, for example: "Ask not how you can work for welfare; ask how welfare can work for you." And "With friends like Iran who needs Israel." Pretty darn good, if I may say so myself and I do.
Those  pesky Israelis  are still sabre-rattling.  I told Bibi: "Back at you, Netanyahu.  There's plenty more  time for sanctions to work.  Those incoming Iranian missiles  we've seen on our X-band  radar will take a while to reach you  and besides, with the lack of space in Tel Aviv, you will be pleased to have some new parking lots.  Bibi? Bibi?"  That impertinent  man had hung up on me again.
Auugh! And now I'm told that "rain" has damaged the magnificent sand sculpture of me  in Charlotte. [Note to self:  Tell Eric Holder to order a review of security camera recordings to see if Clint Eastwood was in the area with a bucket of water]