9/23/12

Barack Obama's Diary: Mittmares

Dear Diary: I'm having  Mittmares again. He's invading my dreams: we're on stage during a debate and he's laughing uproariously at my answers. My campaign staff has been lowering expectations of my debating skills, which doesn't help  maintain my usual supreme self-confidence in  my limitless brilliance.  Perhaps Axelrod can facilitate the appointment of Chuck Todd or Chris Matthews as moderators -- that will take some of the pressure off of me. What is making my life even worse today is that right-wing bloggers are wrecking the narrative that Hillary and I have carefully constructed about the manner of Ambassador Stevens' demise. I feel under siege and under appreciated. This is so wrong -- for a monarch to feel this low when he is so universally adored by his subjects.