2/14/14

Barack Obama's Diary: My great escape

Dear Diary: Yesterday I was lamenting that I had been affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder, which is supposed to result from shorter days and excessive precipitation. I attributed it to lack of golf. But I reckoned without my  cunning aides who have circumvented that by setting up a meeting with King Abdullah of Jordan at the Annenberg Sunnylands estate in Rancho Mirage, California, where I’ll meet with the King to discuss Syria and other issues. Weirdly enough, Sunnylands has a fine nine-hole golf course. Even more surprisingly, my golf buddies have flown in to join me for a three-day weekend. Today I'm playing with old pals Titcomb Greg Omre, and Michael Ramos. Once I've said farewell to the king it would be  no great surprise ifall then found ourselves on the links. But enough about me.