4/12/14

Barack Obama's Diary: A day on the links

Dear Diary: I played golf today with White House aides Marvin Nicholson and Joe Paulsen and with Paul Tewes, the Democratic strategist who ran Iowa for me in 2008 and ensured  my victory there. The weather at Joint Base Andrews, was sunny and in the low 70s. I played a tolerably good game and was for a while able to forget the vicissitudes of the Sebelius departure. I like to use words like vicissitudes because they remind people of my extraordinary intellect and breath of education.  I have been hoping that any opprobrium that attached to me during the launch of Obamacare will stick to Sibelius like flypaper and be consigned to the trashbin of history. Opprobrium--that's another of those words that I like to intimidate people with when they insinuate that I have a less-than-towering intellect. As if. But enough about me.