3/21/12

Barack Obama's Diary

 Dear Diary: A difficult day, having to  show boundless  enthusiasm for a million solar panels  at a huge facility near Boulder City. Then back to Vegas and  for the flight to New Mexico where I had to unleash still more enthusiasm during a tour of an oil and gas facility. (I wish Jarrett and Axelrod were here to experience what living out their "optics"  on energy supplies actually entails (nobody knows the trouble I've seen)  Then I was flown to Oklahoma City arriving  in the dark around 10pm. I am writing this  in my jammies,  in the bedroom of  Air Force One, the same place where I tucked up Dave the British PM a couple of days ago after he started nodding with fatigue on the way Ohio.  
    I'm spending the night at the airport  here with  a Secret Service team on board and guarding the perimeter. My sleeping on board means I can be up bright and early for a 9.50 am visit Cushing, to promote the southern leg of the XL pipeline (the part  that I can  very publicly promote without freaking out the treehuggers.)   I must  now make a quick  goodnight call to Michelle (none  of  her frozen peas in the plane's kitchen galley...  I'm free! Free at last! Well, at least until  Marvin my faithful body guy wakes me in the morning.  Now to close the trusty laptop, say a  bedtime prayer to myself,  and so to bed.