4/23/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary: Whoah! As if I didn't have enough problems with the Secret Service  debacle and  the GSA scandal, now the Government Accounting Office has objected to my  neat plan to defer changes to Medicare Advantage until after my inevitable re-election [when I will have more "flexibility"] It  would only cost $8.3 billion, which is  chump change next to  the $15 trillion deficit. It is a plan of  pure genius, though I say so myself. And I do.
Meantime, the  Cartagena debacle is getting way out of hand. Now trouble-makers  are inquiring  about the conduct of my staff in Cartagena, among them Marvellous Marv my trip director, whose behavior is without blemish.  Carney has so far  fended off the  media hacks effectively,  but Joe Lieberman is a determined old geezer and not easily deterred.  Talking about geezers, Mr Queen, Prince Philip, or whatever he calls himself came up with the perfect words to describe this day when I  accidentally stood on his foot during my visit to Buckingham Palace a year ago: "Bloody hell!" quoth the Prince. Today has truly  been  a day of 'bloody hell'. Now for a prayer of consolation to myself.  Close the laptop. And so to bed.