8/23/12

Barack Obama's Diary: Mittmare

Dear Diary: Auugh! I thought I would sleep a dreamless sleep from exhaustion after Wednesday's extreme day of campaigning, meeting teachers in Vegas and fundraising  in New York City followed by a flight home to DC. But noooo.  Dreams I had after all,  and who should gatecrash them: Mittman and Ryan, prancing about, goading me with  incorrect arithmetic and cackling as they did so. Michelle had to shake me awake, saying:  "Barry wake-up you're having another Mittmare."  I slept only fitfully after that, so I was truly grateful that Valerie Jarrett had the foresight to keep my schedule clear until around midday when I received the Presidential briefing. Same old, same old, with half the Middle East snarling at the other half. The only bright spot on the horizon is a hurricane  that may be heading for the GOP convention to disrupt Mittman and Ryan's cozy double-act.