11/9/14

Barack Obama's Diary: All hail to Mikhail

Dear Diary: I'm flying to Asia this morning and I have been  brushing up my Asian language: For Koreans and Chinese, when in doubt,"Good Morning, you rittle yerrow man." usually makes a good start. I had scarcely sat down in my office aboard Air Force One when my iPresidentophone sprang to life with the strains of the Red Army choir singing Song of the the Volga River Boatmen. "Good morning Vlad," I said, But it was not he.  My phone had detected the Moscow origin of the call, but it was Mikhail Gorbachev, not Vlad the Inhaler. "Mr Gorbachev," I said, "Your fame precedes you. You're the guy with a red map of South America on your forehead."  Gorbachev struck back, quick as a snake: "And you, President Obama, are the moron who is about to stumble into a second Cold War".
"That will be 'King Obama' to you, Impudent peasant." Gorby replied: "I've known kings, Obama, and youen.'re no King. were nothing like you...Reagan -- now there was a man with whom I could test my mettle."  Marv Nicholson has brought some  cutting- edge movies to update me on events over there. The Bridge on the River Kwai, The World of Suzie Wong. I settled into the iPresidibed to watch Sir Alec Guiness and William Holden....when men were men. But enough about me.