3/25/13

Barack Obama's Diary: To hava, or to hava not

Dear Diary:  We hosted guests for Passover seder this evening, I immediately regretted inviting Joe  who regaled us with tales of meeting the Pope. I tried to distract our guests with a rousing rendition of Hava Nagila.  But, no sooner had I loudly uttered the word "Hava" when an aide whispered urgently to me, "Wrong occasion, Sir". Awkwaard. I had forgotten that seders are not a celebration but about Exodus, the Jews leaving Egypt.  I  have been to Egypt several times, but no-one gives me credit for leaving. But enough about me. Syria has a murderous dictator, backed by Iran and Russia, with chemical weapons at his disposal, fighting against a domestic insurgency that includes radical Islamists.  No worries: Bibi will sort it out, like he always does.