3/7/15

Carolla defiant about 'incorrect' humor

In an interview with HuffPost Live Thursday, comedian Adam Carolla declared that he will no longer apologize for jokes others find offensive, particularly jokes relating to race and LGBT issues, reports HuffPost Gay Voices.
Known for his highly politically incorrect slant toward race relations and LGBT issues, Carolla has since become a target of censorship happy leftists who have since created a Tumblr blog called Calling Out Carolla, which supposedly documents past "anti-LGBT language" the comedian has used. When asked about his opinion on the blog, Carolla made no concessions for the sake of feelings.
"Go find a politician or somebody who's in charge and poke a popsicle stick up their butt," Carolla said. "I'm a comedian. I'm done apologizing, I really am. ... And by the way, everyone who apologizes is faking it. They're only doing it because they're gonna get canned."
Carolla then emphasized that people are responsible for their own offenses and their feelings are not necessarily his fault.
"You are in charge of your own feelings," he continued. "I'm not in charge of your feelings. I'm here to make jokes. I'm here to make commentaries. I'm here to share my opinions. Tough shit if you don't like it."
Responding to claims that he can't make such jokes because of his "white privilege," Carolla went into his poverty-stricken past.
"I worked cleaning up garbage on construction sites. I got welfare and food stamps. I was as poor as it could be," Carolla said. "And there's no, 'Oh, you don't have to dig because you're white.' ... There's no, 'You don't have to pick up garbage because you're white.' No, you pick up garbage because you're poor. You guys focus on color. Focus on poverty."

Carolla then emphasized that focusing on his jokes does more harm than good, because it distracts from the real racists and real homophobes.

"There's never been a better time in this country's history to actually be a racist, because I'm a racist, according to you guys. So if I'm a racist -- a guy who's never done anything bad to any race -- and you get to go be a racist too, and I'll be the racist and I'll take the heat [in the media]," Carolla said. "If you're an actual racist, these are your salad days, because you're busy pointing at comedians, calling them racist."